Welcome to The Potting Shed!
JOBS FOR OCTOBER
- Plant bulbs for spring flowering
- Protect tender plants from the frost
- Empty summer pots and baskets
- Plant winter flowering pansies
- Rake leaves off the lawn but leave them in a pile for hedgehogs
At the time of writing, a hedgehog was discovered in my garden. If you find one, help them to survive the winter by providing food and water under shelter. Dog food is good but not fish flavours. A gap under the fence will allow them to move to different gardens. Hedgehogs need 5 gardens to live amongst.
JOBS FOR SEPT
- Watering pots and greenhouse daily in dry spells
- Deadhead flowers regularly to prolong flowering
- Harvest Tomatoes, beans, beetroot.
- Plant Wallflowers and Sweet William
School Community Garden Project
The acquisition of a disused shed means a new Potting Shed for the project. Due to its location alongside a brand-new outdoor classroom, a radical new look was needed. Just look at the transformation! Photo to follow…
Phase 2 – Bulb Planting
Looking forward to Spring flowering drifts of daffodils.
Update on the plants- Add photos of sunflowers, beans and pumpkins from Photos & mult.
Phase 1 – Garden Troughs