Welcome to Year 2's Class page!
The Year 2 Team are:
Mr Bull - Class Teacher
Mrs Law - Teaching Assistant
Mrs Talbot - Teaching Assistant
Mrs Morgan - Teaching Assistant
Our Learning Challenges
This half term our new topic is called 'Down on the Farm'.
We will be learning lots about farms and farm animals. We will also be looking at the effect that the changing of the seasons has on farming and local wildlife.
During the topic we will:
- Read and write about the changing of the seasons.
- Explore how farms have changed and progressed throughout history.
- Create farmyard art with natural materials and resources.
- Look at the differences in physical geography between rural and urban environments.
- Read and write farmyard stories.
Year 2 Information
PE sessions will take place on Wednesday (weather permitting!) and Thursday afternoon. We will be developing ball skills in our outdoor sessions and working on movement and dance during our indoor sessions. Please could you ensure your child has their named PE kit in school at all times.
Reading diaries should be in school every day so they can be checked by a member of the classroom team, so please feel free to add any comments or concerns. It is important that children are listened to on a daily basis, comments from the listener should be recorded in your child’s diary.