Welcome to the Reception Class Page!
The Reception Team are:
Miss Nicholas - Reception Class Teacher
Mrs. McBride - Teaching Assistant (Monday-Wednesday)
Mrs. Morgan - Teaching Assistant (Thursday and Friday)
Mrs. Talbot - Teaching Assistant (Mon, Wed, Thurs, Fri morning, and Tues afternoon)
Please don't hesitate to contact any of us if you have any questions or concerns.
In Reception we provide a broad and balanced set of practical and meaningful opportunities to make learning fun and exciting for all our 30 super learners.
Our Learning Challenges
This half term our topic is called 'Let's Move'
During the topic we will be:
- Looking at different vehicles and how they move
- Designing our own vehicles
- Making junk model rockets
- Making our own car wash
- Discussing the best way to travel to different places
- Exploring materials that float and sink to make a boat
- Finding out about our different body parts
- Exploring different ways to move our body
- Experimenting with fast and slow movements
- Seeing how many movements we can do in 1 minute
You should bring your reading diaries to school every day where you will have the opportunity to change your book each morning. It is very beneficial for children to begin to become familiar with books at home and at school. It is important that children are listened to on a daily basis, and comments from the listener should be recorded in your child’s diary.
This term the children will take part in a P.E session on a Monday afternoon. Please could you send your child to school with a full P.E kit each week. Please can I remind you that children should wear black shorts/joggers, pumps and a white t-shirt preferably with the school logo on it.
Forest School will take place every Thursday. Children may come into school in their Forest School clothes, but beware that they are likely to get a little muddy! Appropriate clothing and footwear is essential.
In Forest School, children will spend the day exploring the outdoors. We teach the children lots of essential skills and knowledge which will help them to keep safe and appreciate the outdoors.
We will be:
- Learning how to use tools and outdoor equipment correctly
- Finding out about different plants
- Gardening - planting different seeds and plants
- Discovering different creepy-crawlies and animals
- Using our imaginations - to make magic potions, mud pies, land art etc
Coming up this term....
The theme for this half-terms Opening Minds is '50 Things to do Before you Leave Primary School'.
Keep checking our Reception Class page to see photographs of the things we have been doing.