Friendship and Safety at play time
Bringing the community together
The Young Hopefuls are a new and exciting group for KS2 children. We have 30 Young Hopefuls in our school. To become a Young Hopeful, you need to apply using an application form (a teacher or a family member can help you fill it in), explain how you would make a great member of the school team and what ideas you have for the future.
Young Hopefuls are a fantastic group of children whose aim is to bring the community closer together through activities and to also do good deeds for the elderly or more vulnerable in the local area.
So far this year we have raised: £351.89
£162.16 for Macmillan from our wonderful coffee moring!
£63.00 from our pumpkin sale!
£126.73 from our 'Wear what you like day!'
We have held community events such as:
- Family Quiz Night
- Open Evening
- Walk to School day
- Young Hopeful Sign Creation launch
- Christmas Carols for our local elderly friends
- The BIG Easter event!
We organize Fuel Up Friday!
Every week on a Friday we offer a healthy snack for 20p, this keeps everyone fueled up for the morning so we can all work brilliantly!
Things we offer are:
- Beans on toast
- Fruit and Yoghurt
- Jelly and fruit
- Rice Crispies
- Banana & Yoghurt!
We welcome our friends into school every day!
Every morning you can see the Young Hopefuls on the gate. We are there to welcome all pupils into school to start everyone’s day off as a positive! We like getting to know everyone that comes into school and it’s a great way for you to get to know us, and us to get to know you!
We work towards earning badges & Young Hopeful Leader awards!
We help with various activities and ideas every week. Once we have completed the criteria we can earn a badge that we display on our Young Hopeful jackets! In Class 6, we can work towards our Young Hopeful Leaders accreditation where we are given more responsibilities with The Young Hopefuls activities. Here are some of the badges we can work towards!
- Healthy Eating
- Business Mind
- Community Helper
- Good Citizen
As Young Hopefuls, we are able to learn lots of new skills and sometimes we even mentor our friends and families! Projects that we have been involved in include:
- Working with the Local Policing team to raise awareness on Cybercrime.
- Whole school assembly on bullying and its effects.
- Creating a whole school anti bullying banner to display in our playground.
- Working alongside Guide Dogs Hereford to understand how it feels to be vision impaired.
- A shopping trip to the supermarket to understand the process of fundraising.
- Creating leaflets for friends and family on current issues.
- Creating an ‘Around the world’ cookbook
- Visiting the local OAPs for board games & coffee
- Reading and recording books for the under 4s in the community.
Keep a look out on our school website and our Twitter page for see more of the amazing things we do!
The Young Hopefuls