Welcome to Year 2's Class page!
The Year 2 Team are:
Mr Pascoe- Class Teacher
Mrs Caldicutt - Teaching Assistant
Our Learning Challenges
This half term our new topic is called 'Let's Go Exploring!'
We will be finding out about famous explorers and their achievements, particularly explorers who used flight to make their discoveries. Hopefully the Spring sunshine will arrive and allow us to go outside to become intrepid explorers too!
During the topic we will:
- Find out about the lives of significant historical figures (Amelia Earhart), including comparison of those from different periods.
- Name and locate the world’s continents and oceans.
- Use images and other models to create simple plans and maps, using symbols.
- Identify and compare common uses of different materials.
- Generate models and communicate ideas.
- Evaluate existing products and own ideas.
- Build and improve structures and mechanisms.
Coming up this term....
Opening Minds Week 18th - 22nd March - 'Come To The Oscars'.
Spring Crafternoon - 3rd April.
Year 2 Information
PE sessions will take place on Monday (weather permitting!) and Thursday afternoon. We will be developing ball skills in our outdoor sessions and working on movement and dance during our indoor sessions. Please could you ensure your child has their named PE kit in school at all times.
Children will be set homework related to our work in school on Education City. Their log in can be found inside their reading diaries. The homework is optional but I would encourage your child to have a go when possible.
Reading diaries should be in school every day so they can be checked by myself or Mrs Caldicutt, so please feel free to add any comments or concerns. It is important that children are listened to on a daily basis, comments from the listener should be recorded in your child’s diary.